Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eagles and Fireworks

eaglesnest-shenlake1030-500-lkh

Shenango Lake is home not only for fishing and boating, but also for eagles. It may be too early in the season for them to be here yet, but I had a nice chat about where to find them from the owner of Zambelli Fireworks of Newcastle, PA in neighboring Lawrence County. At least I believe he was the owner. I mentioned seeing Zambelli on the Discovery Channel (heck, he was wearing the T-shirt -- I had to ask!) and he mentioned several shows he's been on, including Myth Busters -- the one with the box full of arrows. If you're curious, check the link above or this one:
http://www.visitlawrencecounty.com/fireworks_capital_of_america.asp

-------
Good News! Another local writer-photographer has joined the blog. I met TC Conner at my first local book signing where his bluegrass band was playing in the town square. Turns out he's also a master gardener and loves photographing nature. Be on the lookout for his first post here!

No comments: